The Architectural Services division of our practice prepares bespoke design solutions specifically to suit the needs of each individual client.
We provide a unique service to disabled individuals at a most challenging and life changing time. With exceptional sensitivity, each and every case is dealt with on its own merits and emphasis is placed on what each individual can do rather than cannot do. This is the foundation to helping regain and retain as much independence as possible following catastrophic injuries.
The Design and Project Management team is able to assist with such matters as:
- Designing an appropriate adaptation/extension scheme or new build project
- Production of detailed drawings
- Securing Planning Permission and Building Regulation Approval
- Preparation of a Specification and Schedule of Works
- Obtaining Tenders and producing Tender Evaluations
- Sourcing and appointing a Building Contractor
- Contractual documentation and administration
- Inspection of building works and monitoring of projects
- Preparation of interim Valuation Certificates and payments to the Contractor
- VAT assessment to calculate zero-rated disability related items
- Preparation of a schedule of outstanding works upon the expiry of the six months defects liability period.
Each project has a dedicated Project Manager who leads the design and delivery team to create a tailor-made home environment to suit your needs.
We work hand in hand with our clients throughout the entire process, but just as importantly we liaise with all relevant associated experts such as Occupational Therapists, Nursing/Care Consultants, Physiotherapists, Assistive Technology Experts, etc.
We design adaptation schemes to modify and often extend existing properties, and where building plots are available we provide new purpose designed dwellings.
We deal with every detail of the process, we manage the projects from inception to completion and cover the whole of the UK and occasionally overseas.
We advise on the selection of a suitable building contractor (where appropriate) and supervise the works throughout as a prerequisite to checking that all aspects of the building contractor’s Final Account are correct and the maximum VAT exemption is secured from H M Revenue & Customs.
Finally, to ensure peace of mind for our clients we organise the handing over of the keys to their new home after it has been thoroughly cleaned.
The majority of our instructions originate from solicitors, enabling us to assist with all parts of the accommodation claim. However, in recent years we have become increasingly involved with privately funded clients and now regularly receive instructions from private individuals or members of the public, Case Managers, Occupation Therapists, Care Consultants and Deputies/Trustees in post-settlement projects.