We have been integrating various forms of assistive technology into our projects for many years. However, with the introduction of new equipment and technology this is becoming increasingly simpler and more cost effective.
These systems may be seen as a luxury by some but they can provide much need security and independence.
From very basic ‘off the shelf’ items to full home automation, which is run through a central hub, the following is a brief overview of the equipment that can be automated:
- Monitor CCTV
- Controlling heating systems
- Operation of TV and audio systems
- Turning on/off lights
- Operation of a through floor lift
- Opening and closing a garage door
- Opening and closing internal and external doors
- Opening and closing windows/skylights
- Raise and lower a powered bed
- Operation of intercom (to answer the front door or call carers)
- Operation of security gates
More or less anything with an electrical or mechanical part can be automated.
All these systems can be operated via an iPad, phone, voice control or eye gaze. They allow you to regain your independence, meaning that you don’t have to rely on others to carry out everyday tasks which may become problematic as a consequence of a disability such as turning on the TV or opening doors when you are in your own home.
Please get in touch to discuss your requirements with a member of our design team, who will be happy to talk you through all the options available.